Interesting discussion.

I'm glad that there are people in this world like Richard Stallman. I'm glad there's a distro like Trisquel. I'm glad there is a company like ThinkPenguin. We need them all.

And, I'm not in a position to live that purely 100% of the time, personally. Yet. Something to work toward, yes. Something to litigate in the meantime? Nah.

To the mods I would say: Someone once recommended Fedora to me here. The FSF doesn't consider it "free enough" to put on the Good Distros list. Was the person who made that recommendation in violation of the guidelines? I guess so. But nobody made a fuss, because Fedora isn't demonized in this theology, like Flash is.

As far as I can see, you're handling it about right. State the position, encourage what's right, but leave the banhammer in the drawer, as long as people are polite.

Freedom. Veneceremos. Peace.