El 20/05/13 14:31, shiret...@web.de escribió:
> As I said, I think someone who's in a bad economical situation often
> can't afford to quit his job because of being forced to use prop.
> software.

Perhaps most people think that the job they have is barely enough to
cover their basic needs. The reality is different. You don't have to be
caught in a consumer way of life. Most people can afford to have a job
that pays less and have more freedom by taking that step. Anyone that
can buy any computer has enough money to take a stand. You can always
find examples of this in all boycotts.

> Or:
> If my professor at university would have told me: "you have to use
> this proprietary software for your final theses, because everyone
> does; otherwise, you will not get your degree and your studies have
> been in vain."
> then I would have used this software, because making this small
> exception would have influenced my whole life.
> If the Trsiquel community sais: this is a bad attitude and you don't
> agree with the values of trisquel because of this, then I think I'm at
> the wrong place.

As I answered in another thread about the same situation, I would not
blame you for using non-free software. But if I was in the same
situation I would press the university until they let me use free
software even with the risk of loosing my degree. I would do this even
if I though that a university degree would get me a better job (which I
don't).

--
Saludos libres,

Quiliro Ordóñez
Presidente (en conjunto con el resto de socios)
Asociación de Software Libre del Ecuador - ASLE
Av de la Prensa N58-219 y Cristóbal Vaca de Castro
Quito, Ecuador
(02)-600 8579
IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=asle&uio=OT10cnVlJjEwPXRydWU3a

Todo correo que reciba será tratado como información pública, de libre copia y
modificación, sin importar cualquier nota de confidencialidad.