I never had that, but then again, I never used what I think is currently the latest version; I stuck with 4.9.2. Now I use NoScript because it's a lot more powerful and less buggy (I especially can't stand that LibreJS has an annoying tendency to split text entry boxes into more lines) and LibreJS doesn't actually do a good job finding out if scripts are free in practice, so it doesn't really do any better than NoScript. The annoying hassle of having to disable LibreJS any time I wanted to reply to a forum post. The only reason I stuck with LibreJS at all was because of a bug in Firefox 20 and below which caused the video player elements to not show up if Javascript was disabled or blocked by NoScript.

So in short: I really recommend you use NoScript instead of LibreJS (but change the preferences; it whitelists a bunch of sites that have nonfree Javascript by default, such as YouTube, so the first thing I do when I install NoScript is remove them from the whitelist), unless perhaps you watch videos in Abrowser's HTML5 player.

Regarding the freezes, I never experienced that, but I didn't use the latest version of LibreJS very much. Maybe you're just running out of RAM?