This year was my first Northeast GNU/Linux Fest, where I got to chat with reps of Think Penguin and many of the distros.

I attend most of the monthly meetings of a local GNU/Linux desktop users' group. Our outreach could be better. So far, it includes promotion of the meetings on social media and to other user groups, though I help staff an information table at a community college cafeteria. We gave away lots of cds and did lots of meeting/greeting. For the most part, our effort seemed well received, though there were some skeptics; some even doubted the legality of our handing out software, no strings attached. I'm planning to join Jonathan (as in Sonar GNU/Linux Project), at his presentation to a provider of disability services.