Le Mon, 10 Jun 2013 16:54:10 +0200 (CEST),
adel.af...@gmail.com a écrit :

> What has your experience been like?
>
> If you haven not:  Have you thought about it?  Do you know what kind
> of activities you would like to get involved in?

I have been active in a local free software group (Infothema;
infothema.fr), but I recently quitted it. I didn't agree anymore with
most of the decisions of my president (who has quite a dictatorial
behaviour…). The activities became too borderline (fablab, "open
source", etc.). And, as an example of something disturbing me, my
president suggested to make a public session to present some
distributions. He suggested Linux Mint. I suggested Trisquel. He
answered me "Why not both?" I answered "How do you present the
difference?" I didn't get an answer…
   But generally speaking, we made public sessions about once a month a
organised an annula show devoted to free software (but not only),
with the first one last year. We never got much people coming. If we had
five persons for public sessions, it was REALLY good! We didn't have a
lot of people for our show either (about 200, I would say, on one day).
We also participated to other shows to promote our group. But it seems
it didn't work great.
   So, quite disappointed, but still rewarding (we learn some things).
And I figured out that most free software users only want a system
running well, no way if you need to install some non-free parts.