Blue J:

I think there's a lot of people around here that share your feelings about a Debian-based Trisquel being the best thing ever ... I'm certainly one of them.

But it's clear that this is very unlikely to happen anytime soon, and it seems to be mostly related to the workload involved from what I gather.

In the meantime there is gnewSense. Also basically a one-man show, and therefore very slow in coming--the current beta is the first in four years, and it's still based on Squeeze. Or just Deb itself, and taking on the responsibility for purity yourself.