First I'd help with the translations at gnu.org. It would help a lot of people. Including this lady.

If the translation situation cannot be quickly fixed, I would point her to the English page to make sure she isn't exposed to any hodge-podge German translation, http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html

I really think going cold turkey is the best solution. Having said that I myself dual booted for a few months before realizing I don't need windoze. I think if we introduce people to ubuntu or mint or whatever mostly free system, we risk creating yet more open sourcey Linux users [sic]. In my opinion these users of GNU/Linux who never heard of GNU are a very big threat to the free software movement. It's because of people like this we have binary blobs in the kernel.

One way you could really help this person is provide her with plenty of accurate and bluntly honest information and if she wishes to try it in practice, point her to thinkpenguin.