I've actually been pleasantly surprised by some of the hardware that Trisquel
has worked on out of the box.

I didn't even need a USB wifi stick for my eeePC 901. It also ran flawlessly on
a ten year old Compaq that has been very difficult with anything except windows
and my 21 year old's extremely customized gaming machine.

The system tools on my USB install actually saved the latter from the landfill
when ds had a Win 8 problem that we couldn't figure out how to fix with Windows
or even how to reformat and reinstall.

YMMV, of course, but I expected far less on my lower end and "obsolete"
hardware.

GRUB broke regularly on Ubuntu and hasn't yet on Trisquel. My preschooler had
his own account on Ubuntu, which frequently got borked to the point that it was
easier to delete it and create a new login for him. That hasn't been necessary
on Trisquel--not sure whether that's because the OS is more stable or the kid
is older and he understands and values the PC more, of course.