If we talk about desktop computers, there is one very convenient choice. Motherboards with integrated graphics from Intel. You get full acceleration for desktop effects, almost all free software games work perfectly. It's the only graphics solution that has 100% free drivers.

In notebooks it is important to get the right WiFi chip together with the integrated Intel graphics. Atheros makes WiFi chips that run on 100% free drivers, refer to libre.thinkpenguin.com, they sell notebooks with such chipsets.

If you use the link I provided, or the one present on this site, 25% of the profits get donated to this project ;)