Well, it seems that I shot myself in the foot. I compiled cryptsetup 1.6.1 from a tar-ball in the official repo. I built it with checkinstall. What I never suspected is that my nice little thing does not provide the appropriate hooks for initramfs-tools, which you can find in:

(credits to:
Initramfs - Ubuntu Wiki
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Initramfs )
/usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/

I haven't tested the solution, but I uninstalled my own cryptsetup package (which I donate under the advice of not using it very much) and re-installed the version in the repos. It automatically created the executables in the mentioned directory above.

Also, I managed to load the dm-crypt, aes and xts modules into my image by modifying /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
(inspiration from
Custom kernel, encrypt hook not working... help. [SOLVED]
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=157246:)
echo -e "crypto\nxts\ndm-crypt\naes" >> /etc/initramfs-tools/modules

Which I think is not really needed after installing the official cryptsetup, but I think it would be useful for someone trying to debug ther initrd.img

Now, I will restart my computer, and see if it works! Wish me luck.

If someone would be so kind in telling me how to add the required things to my deb package or modify the current package to update it to version 1.6, I would appreciate it.