I just wanted the latest developments. I began this journey reading ArchWiki dm-crypt webpage (dm-crypt with LUKS - ArchWiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt_with_LUKS ), and it said something about version 1.6. I saw that the version in the repos was 1.4, so I compiled it myself. Which was also a pain in the ass at the beginning. That is also why I decided to use checkinstall. I think that I got confused about the available options, like xts. I still don't know if the version in the repos has it.