On 26/08/13 07:08, Chris wrote:
> Is there a defined way to deal with this issue? Can somebody make the
> change with a link to that defined way? It's hard to argue 'troll'
> when your linking to wikipedia's own rules and procedures for dealing
> with this. And what if we started a discussion page and all pitched
> in?

Well there is already this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:GNU/Linux_naming_controversy

Discussions from the talk page have been archived ten times already, so
it's obviously a popular discussion topic.

Interestingly, distributions such as Trisquel aren't allowed to be
called "GNU/Linux" in their articles because of the "consensus" that
"Linux" is the correct term. Previously, the Trisquel page said
something like:

"Trisquel GNU/Linux is a computer operating system based on the Ubuntu
Linux distribution, with all of the nonfree components removed."

but then even that got changed to "Trisquel is a computer [OS] ..."
(even though "Trisquel GNU/Linux" is the correct title shown on the
Trisquel website).

Also, to anyone editing the Trisquel page, I should probably mention
there's no point in starting an edit war on the main Trisquel article,
or it will end up getting temporarily locked. Let's keep this on the
talk pages.

Andrew.