I try to explain this as simple as possible. I have a laptop, with Trisquel installed, including my data files, like documents, multimedia files, various downloads, etc.. The data is saved on the internal HDD, which is assembled in the laptop. Now, I have an external 1TB HDD, that I can connect through USB 3.0 port (ExpressCard slot). I also have a Parted Magic bootable CD with Clonezilla on it.

I want to make a full backup of the internal HDD, including every partition, MBR, etc. to the external drive, so I can later restore the "clone" of the disk in case of a HDD failure, and continue to use the laptop, like nothing have happened. The problem is, that I want to do this regularly, to ensure that my new data files will not be lost if something happen. Making a full 128-256GB images every month, also for multiple computers is not an efficient way of doing this.