I was able to install the Anki application from a 'deb' file. This was using the '$ sudo dpkg -i' command with the file, but I'm having a little trouble with intalling Pitivi 0.9 from a directory.

I 'cd' into the pitivi-0.9 directory and ran the './configure', and the following error was outputed:

checking for cairo... configure: error: Package requirements (cairo) were not met:

No package 'cairo' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables cairo_CFLAGS
and cairo_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?