Video streaming varies. For the example you gave, none of the usual options worked for me.

For the record, the solutions I always try are (in order):

* UnPlug (Abrowser/Firefox extension).

* Finding the appropriate video URL and pasting it into VLC (media player found in Trisquel's repo).

* ViewTube (Greasemonkey script), if the host is supported by it. To try this, you need to go to the host itself and find the video there, since ViewTube doesn't work on embedded videos.

* Lightspark (free Flash player). Usually it doesn't work right by itself (though in a few cases it does at least play the video), but sometimes opening the Flash-based player will allow the Flash Video Downloader to work.

* Linterna Magica (Greasemonkey script).

* Use the User Agent Switcher extension to identify as an iPhone or an iPad. These two ranges of devices will sometimes be given an HTML5 player that isn't given to anyone else, though I haven't personally observed this.