ssdclickofdeath's forum question said:

"Many people think of a program being free a plus, but don't mind using proprietary software. Why should proprietary software be avoided?"

Your question strikes me as more of not knowing about free software and wanting to learn more. Do you really see that as going against the community guidelines? They are are at https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/trisquel-community-guidelines if it helps. On the other hand, "You should install Adbobe Flash. This is exactly how you go do it: Step 1...." would clearly go against #5. People already have ways to get help with proprietary software. They don't need that here. We should help move them toward freedom, not with running proprietary things.