I'm a newcomer and I have no idea what threads are you talking about. But if the Trisqel community can't hold its viewpoint at home, on its own territory without bullying and censorship (you can call that moderation) than what chance does it stand outside with paid tech editors, advertising budgets and government bribery (they call it lobby)?

I never ever had anything as big as fedora forum and nothing even close to linux questions. But I have noticed that letting people free can help on the long term. Sure, bot spam doesn't help anybody. Probably it would even help you drop to the tenth page in search engines. But otherwise let people express themselves. An Ignore function is a far better choice than a moderator that can delete posts and ban users.

I have read through the comments so far. And from what I have noticed unpopular views (I wouldn't go that far to call them all trolling) multiply like Hydra's heads with so called moderation.

Guidelines? They are nice to have for nice people that do bother to read them. Enforcing guidelines is a very unfair process. And I know for sure that thread hijacking is never enforced as with quite a lot of abuse. I'm from Europe, most forums I visit are mostly american. Maybe it has something to do with the cultural differences. Because a sincere «fuck off» would most certainly bring a delete, maybe even a temporary ban, while a 10k post member hunting around a new user and calling that person all sort of names like «troll» or just pointing out obvious things that scream «idiot» without writing the word «idiot», now that guy can even make points with the community.

Of course, I'm just a newcomer and I don't delude myself I can have a contribution to the final outcome. But I can add my contribution and troll you with my opinions.