I started with Ubuntu 10.04, later moved to Mint 13, after that Trisquel 6 and now use Debian 7. On my way I also used some other distros in specific ocasions (Tails and Puppy).

Debian:

-removing non-free/contrib: no need to remove something that is not there to start with! If you already used Debian, you know when you install Debian, it only provides you the main (free) rep. You cannot remove the other reps, you would have to add them in the first place! Also, as you can see in the link I posted above, those are not part of Debian project. -linux-libre: The Debian kernel has NO blobs (you can confirm this in the FSF website if you wish). So, no problem using either their kernel or linux-libre kernel. Also, Debian gives you the possibility to use HURD, which is another FAIF kernel. So, no problem with the kernel.

Excuse, what is the point of FSF being against Debian again? -.^ maybe (as you can see in the link above) it is actually related to the fact that some of the people who develop Debian are employes at places that work with proprietary software.... Just a thought that popped into my head. Maybe the problem is not Debian itself, maybe the FSF is just unfriends with the people behind the project.