Any thoughts on migrating from Xubuntu 13.10 to Trisquel 6.0, or is the response the same as other non 12.04 derivatives of Ubuntu?

Actually started with Ubuntu 12.04 then around 13.04 migrated to Xubuntu, using a similar method of adding and deleting packages and DE's etc... Very pleased with Xubuntu, then discovered GNU and FSF which led me to Trisquel. I have since also removed non free packages listed from VRMS and unchecked the non free repositories in update manager, however, this does leave the problem of the non free areas of the kernel etc...

Trisquel in Virtualbox is running well so it should be fine as far as hardware and drivers....just would prefer a migration rather than a clean install....

Regards!