В 20:17 +0100 на 18.02.2014 (вт), Michał Masłowski написа:
> Linux-libre has working modesetting for more Radeons than Debian without
> firmware: Debian intentionally disables it [0] despite it working on
> some cards.

That is an idea. I'll test it as soon as I have some spare time at
work (where the machine with the card is) to play with it. Thanks!

I was trying to test the software rendering of GNOME Shell in the 3.8
series, because of the lack of free software 3D implementation and
just stumbled upon this which set me back … I don't know decades. :/