В 12:51 -0800 на 23.02.2014 (нд), lisp_alive[@nospam] написа:

> I've bought a GNU/Linux computer with Trisquel pre-installed, but I am
> unable to get gnash to play any videos in Abrowser (it just buffers).

The problem is fundamental. The proprietary flash technology is not
publicly documented, so Gnash developers are reverse engineering the
technology. This slow and hard process and they are obviously far
behind.

> I wondered what the preferred option is? Would it be to disable gnash
> and use a HMTL5 add-on?

HTML5 is part of any modern browser. The problem is that few websites
support it, although it seems that the amount is slowly rising. You can
disable Gnash from Tools/Add ons in Abrowser. For video you can try
Linterna Mágica. [1] (I'm the author. Linterna Mágica is still live
and kicking. Development is slow, but LM is still kicking. It costs me a
lot of effort lately, to keep it running, because work drains my mind
and energy, but something has to pay the bills.)

You can also check the alternatives. [2]

[1] http://linternamagica.org/
[2] https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/play-videos-without-using-flash