В 00:59 +0100 на 24.02.2014 (пн), myself600@nospam написа:

> and I personally hate bloat on my computer.

> I'm using only carefully selected, and tested software to ensure they're best
> in
> category and they does what they claim to.

Understandable. I can relate to that.

> I tested Linterna Magica amongst
> other plugins, and I can categorize it as a bloat (no offense here).

No offense taken. There are issues with web sites that have a lot of
JavaScript that Linterna Mágica is trying to parse to find videos.

The latest version (1.20) has a fix for that - Linterna Mágica have to
be started manually (the parser) on most websites to prevent bloating.
Few major video sharing websites start automatically, and the list can
be extended. I'll be glad go have some more feedback, if you are willing
to try it again. Feedback from anyone is welcomed. Especially negative.
This will lead to improvements. Write to me in person, at Linterna
Mágica's mailing list, or join Linterna Mágica's Jabber and IRC chat
rooms.

> Personally for YouTube, I'm using SMTube which technically does what your
> plugin, except that it does it without the need for a web browser.

There were such scripts even before Linterna Mágica. I'm just too lazy
and tired of copying links across browsers, windows, and scripts. Still
they are a good solution.

> (YouTube automatically switches from 360p to 720p for better visual quality),

There is no technical way to do this at the moment with a browser video
plugin as far as I know.

> and most importantly, that I need to move the mouse cursor every ten minutes,
>
> 'cause the screen is going to dim.
You could change your dimming preferences in you desktop environment.
Also most players have settings for that.

> So basically your extension is just an eyecandy for a marginal userbase, or
> for those whose into these things (unfortunatelly, I'm not).

I could not agree with that. It has much more than eyecandy and it works
in far more places than YouTube. Places I don't know exists. Yes,
everyone has their preferences how to use their computer. That is
understandable.

Yes the technical solution is not the best, it is limited and causes
some inconvenience. I just don't have the spare time to investigate,
test and migrate to a better and improved solution - browser extensions.
Linterna Mágica is not an extension in the context of Abrowser. It is
just a userscript and it has its limitations just because of that.