> I have new doubts about using free emails software/service. I said to
> my personel friends that i was moving to another email. But what i do
> when is to get jobs, for example, when companies says to delivers the
> curriculum when they have gmail, hotmail or another proprietary
> service email system?

The freedom issue isn't really too bad. The webmail interfaces of Gmail
and Hotmail are proprietary, but POP3 and/or IMAP are available for both
of those services, which means you can download your email with a free
email client such as Evolution or Thunderbird.

However, your privacy might be at stake by entrusting your emails, email
records (who/when/where...), contacts and other metadata with Google or
Microsoft.

GPG is a GNU program which can be used to encrypt outgoing email, but it
will only work if/when the person you are talking to has a GPG key so
they can decrypt mail you send them. It also doesn't encrypt your email
headers (who/when/where) as some of the headers are required to deliver
the mail itself. Evolution has GPG support by default, and the Enigmail
addon can be installed in Trisquel for GPG support in Thunderbird.

Andrew.