I'm not simply giving in, but if there has been a change of policy at Mozilla (and money can have that effect) then I am not interested in their product any more. I will simply downgrade as much as necessary to a free browser rather than try to fight a losing battle along with the minority of their users that care about it.

"If we fail you may soon find that there isn't any video you can play on the web. Not YouTube, not your favorite news web sites, nothing." Let's turn this around: I am the consumer. Businesses, etc. want me to see their videos. I already skip anything that requires me to install Adobe products, and there is never going to be absolutely nothing, anywhere at all that I cannot see with free and safe software.

The most effective way to influence a business is to avoid it's products. I don't do this out of spite, but simply becuase I don't want that kind of product.