I was very excited to learn and start using AMD graphics cards on GNU/Linux with the "open source" graphics drivers, but I'm not sure what the future looks like for these drivers? I've been biting at the bit to be a full Trisquel user but have been too unsuccessful in the past due to the older kernels/versions. I'm waiting on Trisquel 7 and a newer Kernel (I have used Lubuntu 14.04 so I could try the 3.13 kernel with the OSS Drivers). I'm really impressed with the performance of the Xorg drivers for AMD, but here's the big question now. I'm now reading in some places that the AMD OSS drivers won't even work with Trisquel because of 'micro-code issues'. Is this true? I mean has this been resolved with the newer kernels (no micro-code needed)? It seems that some people use the terms 'driver' and 'micro-code' and 'firmware' interchangably, so I'm wondering if this is true or that people are confusing each other by using different terms and referencing older kernels without the newer Xorg drivers. Anyways, I was hoping someone on here had an answer for me. Thanks.