ashok.biol...@mailoo.org wrote:
On the website ThinkPenguin.Com I see that the only laser printer is a
priori not compatible with Trisquel.

I'd imagine any printer that can understand PostScript or PCL can work with CUPS (which is what I believe most GNU/Linux distributions use, including Trisquel). Is this not the case?

The printer might not work via USB but would it be okay if the printer worked via network connection? Network hubs and switches are fairly inexpensive.

As for avoiding tracking dots, DRMed toner cartridges, and proprietary firmware on the printer:

- tracking dots: it looks like you already know about this issue.
- DRMed toner cartridges: I recall Lexmark using DRMed ink cartridges in their ink printers, but I don't know if they do the same for laser toner. Then again, would it worth giving any business to an organization that treats anyone this way? - Proprietary firmware in the printer: is very hard to avoid, in my experience, as I don't know of any modern laser printer without proprietary firmware. I will try and find a reference for a problem I recently saw with one modern laser printer (a Samsung, if I recall).