Download the latest Tor browser:
https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en

Right click on the archive and 'extract here'

Right click on the Tor browser folder and 'open in terminal'

Type sh start-tor-browser on the command line

and you are good to go!

Caveat: I've encountered issues with running Tor browser from time to time in that the browser won't open. Closing the terminal window and trying again works most of the time. Occasionally, after 3-4 tries, I will be forced to open in safe mode. Saving the bookmarks in a separate file and extracting the folder again (import the bookmarks) will get you going. I've reported the issue (since the past 3-4 versions of the browser), but it still happens.

Having said that, I use Tor browser almost exclusively. Works great! (most of the time)