I've been fiddling around with the netinstall of Trisquel Mini, but discovered a problem. Where the lxpanel should be is nothing but a light grey, empty rectangle. There's nothing there and I can't interact with it in any way.

This happens when I log in to the Trisquel Mini environment. If log in to the LXDE environment, I have a perfectly functional lxpanel. The same packages seem to be installed in Synaptic relating to lxpanel, just one environment has a functional panel and the other doesn't.

Restarting the panel doesn't seem to help either, and in neither environment is there anything in the /.config/lxpanel/ folder (yet one works and the other doesn't).

Any ideas on how to narrow down this problem and fix it?