BTJustice wrote:
> Non-free compnents can be removed or even avoided which is the whole
> point of freedom--the user choosing what to do.

Indeed, you are correct that users are free to choose to use non-free
software, and nobody wants to take that away. Whether individuals or
groups developing or distributing software should be allowed to take
away users' freedom is another matter.

I find it hard to believe that providing an operating system containing
or offering software that specifically takes away freedom is providing
freedom. That's why I think that recommending Ubuntu MATE is a bad idea.

Andrew