Every single proprietary component is a security and privacy risk. That doesn't mean it is actually spying on you. Actually, it almost never means it is spying on you. There are hundreds of thousands of proprietary programs out there. Admittedly we can't easily know that a given program is spying on us, but do you really believe there are so many immoral proprietary developers? I say the security risks are few and far between, because no matter how many examples of proprietary risks you can provide, I can provide infinitely more examples of proprietary software doing what the user wants.