By your logic, I also have to stop reading books, stop watching videos, stop listening to talks... basically, your argument boils down to having to live under a rock. I don't believe that.

Information doesn't directly control anyone's life. Software does, because it is a series of instructions executed on your computer; it controls what your computer does. Therefore, I reject libre software.

I don't do the same for simple information. I advocate libre culture, but refusing to read, listen to, or look at non-libre cultural works wouldn't help me or libre culture in any way.