Yes folks, it's stable already (at least for me), using the repo deb http://uk.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/ ucclia main.

Having said that, I'll admit into cheating into #!'s repos to get Compton and mozilla.debian.net to get Iceweasel and Icedove, and I took MATE's volume manager from Wheezy's backports repo, and LibreOffice was taken from their web site.

Things doesn't seem to work for GNOME either, as the libc6 package seems to conflict with at least a dependancy of it, along with many packages in Ubuntu Precise PPAs (i.e. LibreOffice and compton).

Other than the above, it's great (though I used Jason's kernel here since the version in its repos is too old for my laptop anyway, pre-release or not).