Regarding Ubuntu becoming like Windows and Apple, the corporate mentality, in particular Shuttleworth's admitted dictatorial attitude, that the direction of the Distro. will be his decision...Steve Jobs, Bill Gates etc.., rather then community driven. Also, the spyware/ad-ware hidden in the system, some say even in the code itself. Stallmans, description of Ubuntu being spyware etc... Seems the direction of Ubuntu is to move closer to proprietary mindset.

If this occurs, would it not become more challenging for Ruben and the team to remove items, then to just use Debian Testing etc...We might have to keep our eyes on this for the future. Testing would still provide very new software, be a step or two ahead of gNewSense, and more stable than Parabola/Arch etc...

Just thoughts! Remember, Microsoft and Apple both started out as open source...well at least the ideas for the programs and systems...Gates and Jobs were very good at taking open source ideas and closing them in!