Hi, developer of ConnochaetOS here.

- Hardware requirements were released with RC1, see https://forum.connochaetos.org/viewtopic.php?id=13

- Yes, the distro was discontinued, but was brought back - this time not build entirely from scratch but based on repos of Slackware and Salix, because building an entire distro from scratch is too time-consuming.

- It still would be nice to get the FSF approval, but I don't think I will actively apply for one again

- Freeslack is 64 bit only, ConnochaetOS is 32 bit only (although I maintain a 64 bit flavor of the slack-n-free repo), so they complement each other. There are also some differences regarding non-free and libre packages. I use freeslack's list of non-free packages plus the list from libreplanet plus Parabola's blacklist to exclude non-free packages. Additionally ConnochaetOS provides libre replacements where possible (e. g. the entire Mozilla product line).

Please feel free to join the ConnochaetOS forum, since discussing other distros is a little off-topic here :)