"I'm still not clear why your GNU/Linux distribution wasn't accepted to
the list of Free Software Distributions, but please stop telling people
the rejection was due to "someone spotted that one of the users used the
term 'open source' in the forum or in the wiki". That appears not to be
the case at all."

Exactly. While there was some initial concern over the wording, RMS quickly put the kibosh on that as shown in the mailing list archives.

And even though I had said it wasn't an issue (see https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2012-01/msg00007.html) Henry brought it up again in a reply to that very message (see https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2012-01/msg00008.html which even quotes that part of the message) and continued discussing it as if it were. I'm not sure why. That he continues to this day to present it to the public that this was the reason nothing happened seems troublesome because the mailing list archives clearly show that, while there had been some initial concerns over the wording it was in the end determined that it was not -- repeat not -- an issue.

From my perspective, ConnochaetOS completed the community review process which is the only part of the endorsement process that the gnu-linux-libre mailing list is involved in - making sure that the distro actually is a feasible candidate, which I did and posted my results in the message I've linked to. The FSF staff are supposed to take it from there. If nothing else happened after that, it is best to follow up directly with the FSF staff for further information.