It's not that GNU/Linux isn't rock solid, it's that it's less automated, less dumbed down, more in the way between the user and the work. Flexibility is a double-edged sword. The multiplicity of hardware support (sometimes without free drivers) is not a problem that proprietary OSs have to deal with.

Also, I'm being a bit unfair since I don't know the ratio of minor issues vs the user base of each kind of OS.

But I'll state it once again without ambiguity:
While I think exceptional useability/convenience will help a wider adoption, I will keep on giving up a few convenience-related features for software that respects the user (i.e. free software).