Interesting, really. I just watched a video introduction.
Provided The activities menu is replaced by a classic menu (at least the shape of it is more familiar), it looks really good and practical. And since it's harder to customize/break, it's even better. Not for my personal use, but I definitely want to try it :) I suppose it's not Trisquel's default because it wasn't yet mature enough at that time. I think I've read about accessibility or something.

About that desktop bar bug, it was on Trisquel 7, I'm pretty sure. I made it disappear if I remember well (can't find my post about it here), and when I started it again, if I had several apps opened, they wouldn't be displayed on top of each other in the bar anymore, like it does in the default install. Also, I had to restart it manually after each boot. But I never managed to make the same issue happen on the LiveCD for example, so it seems it's an isolated case.

Thanks for the Gnome3 info. It seems like an outstanding free software ambassador.