> I am trying to explain to you that they are one and the same.

BUUUUUULLSHIT!

The driving factor behind free software is a principle- that users should have
control over their computing. Is their any particular reason for this? No. Not
really. It is a principle. It has no real objective justification- but the
majority of people (I hope) would accept this as being right in and of itself.

If you reject all principled arguments, you reject basically every argument
ever- including your slavish adoration of security (though it puzzles me why
you then go on to defend Windows), as well as your very right to life. Why
should you not be shot in the face? Again, that too is based on principle.
Principles matter, and should not just be rejected out of hand. If we abandon
the principle of people not being arbitrarily killed, then society would
essentially collapse. Principles are valid in and of themselves simply because
people instinctively accept them. If the vast majority accept a given
principle, then it is completely valid to base an argument on it.

Privacy and security, on the other hand (which I think you'll find also boil
down to a matter of principle) are features. People want privacy and security,
and, due to the nature of free software and the fact that it evolves to meet
its users needs (as opposed to those of Microsoft), those features are
commonplace in free software. They're nice perks, and they constitute yet
another reason to choose free software. But those features are not there for
the sake of the features themselves- they are there because of the respect for
the needs of the user inherent in free software. Why? Because principle.

Please try to understand.