I get what you mean, I see free software supporters as a spectrum thing instead of a binary false dichotomy. There are are people that are dependent on non-free software and can't afford the switching costs of spending downtime to learn something like Blender, but appreciate the free software philosophy and then there's people that install Coreboot and everywhere in between.

While I don't have all non-free software purged from my computer, I have my fullest respects to people like you and moxalt and the people at FSF that really stick to their guns. Especially with the FSF video on User Liberation, I watched it and the first thought that came to my mind was "Phh, I bet they payed a guy to make this and he used the Adobe flash animator" and I was pleasantly surprised to find the sources for that video and that's something worth admiring.

That said, I do plan on experimenting with Trisquel and I would even build a KFSN4-DRE Workstation and install Coreboot on it and document my experiment.