I pretty much agree with this.

There are only four problems with the Trisquel forum/mailing list system:

Firstly, the lack of a reporting mechanism for spam and suchlike. I can
understand the possibility for abuse though, so I am somewhat ambivalent about
this.

Secondly, the lack of a proper LibreJS support on the Trisquel site (which is
something we really should have, considering IceCat and all).

Thirdly, the lack of a dedicated announcement subforum and complementary
mailing list.

Finally, the lack of a mailing list for the Troll Hole.

These are all things I think could be added to the existing functionality (how
hard can it be?). One final note is the whole issue to do with threads getting
squashed when there are lots of replies- this is a minor concern since
exchanges rarely get this long anyway.