I don't know why you think this particular Linux-libre bug prevents execution of proprietary code: replace existing libre firmware. Heck, I'll give you a real-world example: there's an old, proprietary firmware blob that can be loaded onto the Atheros devices Think Penguin sells, and Linux-libre will happily load that if it's available.

On the other hand, if you develop a libre replacement for a proprietary firmware blob, Linux-libre will not use it, because it isn't aware that it can. Do you remember back when Think Penguin's wifi adapters first got certified by the FSF? There was a period of I think a month or something where they were completely useless in Trisquel without completely replacing the kernel because of this bug. This isn't a critical problem, but it's still a problem.

So no, this bug in Linux-libre is not a security feature.