There are two things that annoy me we Trisquel: (1) the installer crashes if you select the wrong kernel and (2) it doesn't have enough developers that maintain it.

I'm only guessing now but maybe (2) is because such a great part of the developer work consists of cleaning up non-free Ubuntu packages and documentation, which must be very boring. Basing Trisquel on Debian next time might be better in this regard.

Despite this, however, this libre distro does work well and I recommend/help other people to install it on libreboot machines. I have no problem with the DE; on the contrary, I think Gnome 3 Fallback is a great choice.