Well, the EC firmware being able to capture your keystrokes and the hard drive firmware potentially containing a full OS on its own are scary things and it may very well be that all PC implement those malicious features, so yeah, until we have a computer that is completely libre we can not assume that it respects our freedom so probably the RYF may as well be changed into RYFM (respects your freedom **maybe**), for we indeed don't know if it really respects your freedom..
Post more links like that one if you find some.

P.S: In that vid Garrett mentions Nouveau and the Nvidia GPUs as being able to run without any proprietary firmware but he says nothing about Intel GPUs. Is that because Intel GPU have proprietary firmware embedded in the chip just like most Atheros wifi chips that work with free software have proprietary firmware embedded in the rom so they work with free software but still their firmware is proprietary? Is this the case with Intel GPUs as well? It is not very clear to me.