As a newb, I don't know how to check for this sort of thing, so if someone could inform me how that would be much appreciated:

I use Liferea to keep up to date with a few different sites and it dawned on me that I don't know how it is able to load pages within its console. Does liferea connect to pages through https? That it's connecting to websites,doesn't that mean it is doing so without any script-blockers, ad-blockers etc. that I use in my browser?

I use liferea to update me of any changes, and I right click on the links and open in an external browser.

Is this not "leaking" identifiable information?

How do I go about viewing what information is being exchanged between Liferea and the subscribed sites?