Ads? I haven't seen any case of RSS or Atom feeds containing ads. Also, I don't know if scripts are even technically possible, but if they are, they are very unusual. Keep in mind that an RSS or Atom feed is nothing more than an XML file which is checked periodically. Other than tracking the fact that you checked that XML file, the only other way I can think of is through images linked to from the description (and this is one unfortunate privacy shortcoming in Liferea; it really ought to do what email clients do, only load the images when you click a button or something).

Discounting images, an attacker would have to go through your ISP, through the party sending you the information, or by intercepting a transmission (like a WiFi signal) somewhere.