Off topic so quick: Portuguese with English subtitles would be FANTASTIC for our purposes! ds has no problem reading words like "spontaneous combustion" in the context of warning labels on the dryer or instructions for a video game, but he just hasn't put in the hours I had at his age when books were my best friends and acquiring information through video was the stuff of science fiction.

Portuguese is a Romance language (derived from Latin) and my family tends to focus on the similarities and recognizing roots during the elementary years, so something a bit less familiar than Spanish and French would be ideal for ds' age; he'll pick up a lot more than an adult could.

Okay, I'll stop now.

/tmi /thread hijack