While attempting to install GRUB, it seemed to have corrupted the original installation, meaning I was not able to boot my computer into anything other than the net installer. There is a shell included but 'install-grub' does not exist as a command, so I can't run it after installation or boot any other OS for installation. So I fished out an old Debian installer CD I had made a long time ago and installed Debian, then put Trisquel-mini on the USB stick and figured out how to manually partition and use encryption. I want to say the network installer is hilariously broken though. I'm pretty sure it isn't a one off because I downloaded it twice, verified signatures and md5 sums both times and then used it, and both times it had the same frustrating errors. It seems like it was poorly tested if you ask me, since most people seem to just use the two main editions.