I have been thinking this issue a lot. How we could get as many people as possible to join the libre community? I think the most powerful way to get the people intouch with libre is providing a quality software that attracts peoples attention. The first thing we have to do, is to get the people to use a libre operating system. We already have full libre GNU/Linux distributions available. But why is that the people haven't left their proprietary OS behind? Mainstream user uses what is practical, cool looking and stable. They are not going to change well-functioning and easy-to-use proprietary software for libre alternative only because it's libre. Ofcourse some people will do that, but they haven't heard about it yet, and that's why spreading the word of libre is crucial. But many people are depending on a piece of proprietary software, and that piece of software can be the only thing that holds the user from making the switch. For example many gamers are depending on Steam, and it's proprietary games like Counter Strike. That's a big problem. Another scenario is that the user's hardware is not supported by libre firmware. That is a far bigger problem. It doesn't only give a bad first impression, but, in worst case scenario, it can drive the new user away from libre software entirely. I have been thinking of a distro that would be including 100% libre software by default, but the user has the option to active a proprietary repo from the settings. The repo would contain the most common software and firmware that may be crucial for the new user. There would also be a Synaptic-like GUI, where would be a tab "proprietary" in which the user can easily track all the proprietary software installed in her system. Whenever the user so decides, she can disable the repo from the settings and all the proprietary software are automatically removed from the system. The distro would act like as a guide in libre-software for the new users. The software store in that distro would contain only libre software, and that would be made clear to the user. The distro would also advertise the latest libre software being released and so on. Also, when the user enables the proprietary repo, she is being warned of loosing all the freedom of software and security. The distro's main goal would be offering the full guidance in libre software world. I'm personally very excited how libre software/hardware is going to spread out and take a large stake of the software and hardware industry!