Before openning this topic I contact the maintainer of OpenMailBox, but since I got the email working with Evolution, I and the maintainer came to the consideration that it's not the service. Unless of course, OpenMailBox is proven to be using a non-standard "secret" or "communication step" (note for these two words: high chance of making mistakes here, since I don't deal with network standardization).

But perhaps we should reach both OpenMailBox again and Debian?

Everyone, please keep us informed when the issue is brought to the attention of the Debian maintainers.