First of all, let me thank you for your time and information, SuperTramp83. I am very grateful for your attention.

>Anyway, if you really want to go that way (and that is up to you - nobody here will shoot you for doing so X_X) what you may do is install Debian, temporarily add the non-free repo and install the package firmware-linux-nonfree and then remove the non-free repo from sources.list in /etc/apt. That way you would have a system that contains **only** the proprietary firmware for your GPU and everything else would be libre (Debian is as libre as Trisquel by default - that is if you don't manually add the nonfree and the contrib repos and install software from those). Mind that I don't **recommend** you to do this, I just point out that you **can do it if you decide to do it**.

So basically if I want my computer to function at its full potential, I need to go the Debian way, and obtain my needed proprietary firmware. I can understand why you would not recommend that approach, but to be honest, I am tempted.

Let me ask you this; I fully understand the ethical issue with using proprietary firmware, however, I am not certain if the use of proprietary firmware will break my security. I would assume that using Debian with my computers needed proprietary firmware would still be much better than the old Windows setup that I am coming from? No? Other than the ethical issue, what personal computing issues would I have using the proprietary firmware with Debian?